“To be an independent benchmark for quality charcoal”
“Negotiation, regulation and good communication active the NCA’s objectives.”
Formerly known as the Namibia Charcoal Producers Association (NCPA), the Namibia Charcoal Association (NCA) is a non-profit voluntary membership Association for the Namibian charcoal industry from producers and processors to suppliers and all other stakeholders.
Charcoal production is an important activity for managing bush encroachment. Thus the purpose of the NCA is to strengthen the charcoal industry in a sustainable manner in an effort to grow the sector.
The aims of the NCA are to:
- Act as a mouthpiece and protect and promote the interests of the producers.
- Promote co-operation between producers.
- Exercise efficient production and orderly marketing of relevant products and negotiate benefits for the producers.
- Strive to accomplish the best possible connection between the producers, processors and promoters of processed products.
- To convey the coordinated views of the industry to the authorities and to co-operate with the authorities to negotiate solutions to problems and to advocate for the necessary legislation that would benefit the industry.
- To interact with all national and international stakeholders to the benefit of the industry.