The aims of the NCA are to:
- Act as a mouthpiece and protect and promote the interests of the producers.
- Promote co-operation between producers.
- Exercise efficient production and orderly marketing of relevant products and negotiate benefits for the producers.
- Strive to accomplish the best possible connection between the producers, processors and promoters of processed products.
- To convey the coordinated views of the industry to the authorities and to co-operate with the authorities to negotiate solutions to problems and to advocate for the necessary legislation that would benefit the industry.
- To interact with all national and international stakeholders to the benefit of the industry.