The Namibia Charcoal Association is the organisation set up to become the focal contact point for those involved in the Charcoal Value Chain in Namibia from Producers, Suppliers to those looking to get involved, all are welcome to get in touch and join.
Formerly known as the Namibia Charcoal Producers Association (NCPA) we are now called the Namibia Charcoal Association (NCA).
One of the reasons we exist is to work to strengthen the sector in a sustainable manner.
The association was formed to look at some of the issues affecting everyone involved in the Charcoal value chain in Namibia. Some of these issues include:
- Permits and off-take limits
- Labour issues such as availability, databases and skills training
- Kilns and Kiln technology
- Pricing and financing issues
- Expansion through finding new markets
- Lobbying and stakeholder engagement
- Assistance with conflict resolution
- Marketing and communications
The Namibia Charcoal Association is a non profit organisation and is affiliated to the Namibia Agricultural Union (NAU). We also work with the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit, (GIZ) who have been very helpful in providing support in the sector.